Friday, January 27, 2017

My Unexpected Family

March 2016, I was selected to be on a staff. Little did I know that email was my key to meeting some of the best people I know. When we first met, the new hires were silent, trying to find our place in the group. Now you can't get us quiet when we're all together

Our first family picture

I am fortunate to be a part of a staff that is not just coworkers but a family now. We are one of the largest staffs with 14 Resident Assistants, Multicultural Assistants, and a Hall Council Advisor. (There's 15 in the picture because our MA graduated in December. Miss you Cody!) Other RAs on campus ask how it is to work with so many people and my response is it's the easiest thing I've done. It means more hugs, more people to cheer you on, more people to catch you when you fall, more people to love, more laughs, and more people to learn more.

While we're split between two buildings across the street from each other, it doesn't stop us from always being with each other. (Seriously, we joke saying we don't have any other friends) I don't think my RA experience would have been as great if it wasn't for these people. Thank you guys for being the best staff and being the best family I've been hired into.


Halloween Hall Council

2 comments:

  1. I was in a similar situation when I started my new job almost 3 years ago. When you first start a job it is quite exhilarating and exciting at the same time. My team was quick to accept me though and now we are a tight knit group, AKA a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you love the people that you work with. We are with the people we work with more than our family sometimes. The fact you can enjoy them and be happy in a situation is a PLUS. I love being around everyone from anywhere. Always good times.

    ReplyDelete